27th Aug 2019
While practicing for IELTS test, one should make sure to train themselves for the listening test. Five of the most important tips are outlined below for your convenience: -
· Use the title, content, & any pictures to guess the topic immediately.
· This will help you to predict the kind of language that you will need.
· Don’t worry if you don’t know much about the topic. Just get ready for related vocabulary.
· Look for the most important words in each question.
· Underline them, circle them, whatever you need to do.
· Don’t forget about the answer choices for multiple choice.
· The person speaking doesn’t always use the same words.
· You need to listen for synonyms (different ways of saying the same word).
· And also, antonyms (saying the opposite).
· There is no time on IELTS listening for you to lose focus.
· Don’t worry if you miss a question. Focus on the next question.
· Sometimes you may need to refocus. During these times, just take a deep breath and get back to it.
· The listening test gives you time to review your answers.
· Instead of going back, focus on previewing the next questions.
· Previewing will include reading the questions/answers and looking for the keywords.
Spellings are one of the most salient factors in the English language.
They can either make your writing attractive or ruin it. You have to write your answers in the listening test, so make sure you don’t commit any spelling mistakes in your answers as all your efforts can go in vain if you commit any. A spelling mistake can entirely change the essence of your answer even though you got it right. There are some words with double consonants like parallel, assess, possess, some words with silent letters like column, knowledge, etc, similarly, there are many kinds of words in English on which you have to practice a bit with a special focus to make your spellings flawless.
In the listening tests, many test-takers failed in identifying answers from the recording as the speaker uses “paraphrasing’’ in the recording. Paraphrasing is nothing but a replacement in words of a sentence with the words which bring the same meaning. Speaker might confuse you by some paraphrases where you cannot relate the concept of the question with the recording resulting in the waste of time in searching for answers.
So, it’s suggestible that you should practice paraphrasing skills.
Being patient and attentive in the listening test is very important; the answer in the recording which you feel like suitable to the question can sometimes get amended by the speaker. You might miss the correct answer if you are not attentive, so be attentive to catch every change made by the speaker in recording.
The speaker uses different kinds of accents in recording as IELTS is an international test. You can hear the voice of the speaker in different kinds of native accents, as English is the official speaking languages in many countries. So you need to explore various ways to get knowledge about different accents in English, so you can easily detect the answer irrespective of the accent used by the speaker in recording.
If you follow these five strategies, your IELTS listening score will improve. They may seem simple, but the IELTS listening strategy can be the difference between getting the score you need and missing it.
If you are looking for an overall preparation for your IELTS exam and you lack the time to be able to commit in regular courses in exam preparatory centers,then an online preparatory process will be the best fit for you. Among the various online services if you want one which will be standout, then the best choice for you will be IELTS.LIVE. IELTS.LIVE is such a website which will help you prepare for the main IELTS exam online. One of the best features of this website is that it provides services free of cost. The most lucrative thing of IELTS.LIVE is its completeness, all the modules of IELTS exam are arranged here, the reading and the listening test are arranged according to the standards and you will be able to evaluate your level easily. There are paid writing and speaking services as well, which will let you know how to improve on the modules as you will be given detailed feedback.