27th Aug 2019
Communication can be made in many ways like writing, speaking, gestures, etc, but speaking is the most widely used carrier to run empathy. You can survive in any country on the earth if you are familiar with the respective language of that country. Speaking is what all you need to manage your lifestyle and to explore around. Maybe this prominence might’ve made a speaking module in the ILETS test to get hold of huge eminence when compared with the rest of the three modules. Let’s understand the speaking test strategies you should follow during the test.
· To clear speaking module with the best score all you need to have is confidence, exceptionally fluent communication skills and impulsiveness. Practice speaking tests as many times as you can, because you will be assessed on various factors like continuity in speech, confidence, way of being while communicating, fluency, etc. These practice tests can make you cover all these elements of speaking.
· Being a test taker, you must have awareness about the IELTS speaking test format and the types of questions you are going to face in all the three tasks. By having awareness of the test format and question types you can easily traverse each task with prior preparation.
· Just get relaxed (that doesn’t mean you can get too casual) once you enter into the interview arena, if you panic, it can spoil your score gain even though you have excellent speaking abilities. Just make the examiner feel like you are relaxed.
· You have to be very coherent and calm in the test room because excitement can make you stumble rather than answering the questions with excitement to make the interviewer sense your confidence levels. Give a firm push to yourself that “you can do it”.
· There is a saying, “First Impression is the Best Impression” and similarly you have to gain the impression of examiner with your initial presentation. You can get the best appreciation for your English speaking abilities with your introduction, so make sure your introduction is attractive and effective in Part-1. It’s better to exaggerate about certain elements in your bio-data like your native place, your favorite hobbies. Try to elaborate on the above elements that reflect your fluency and continuity to the examiner.
· We all know that vocabulary is the heart of the English language and it’s obvious that using high-level vocabulary can make your speech attractive. But in IELTS, examiner is not looking at very complicated or high-level vocabulary but "less commonly used" words. And you are required to show a variety of sentence structure which has a balance of simple, compound and complex structures. Vocabulary should be used appropriately and correctly in the sentence. A lot of candidates will just learn vocabulary and synonyms but do not know where they are aptly used. Hence, that will bring down the scores. Many applicants think using high-level vocabulary while giving a speech can impress the examiner in the test, but all you have to realize is the IELTS speaking module is purposed to analyze your speaking abilities not your range of vocabulary in speech. You can use high-level vocabulary while speaking if you are confident about your abilities. But it’s advisable to use moderate English vocabulary to eradicate stumbling.
· You have to make sure that your eye contact should not go off the examiner because it may show your nervousness and timidity.
· Do not use the same words again and again while you speak, which means repeating words you’ve already used in your speech can make interviewer yawn and can create disinterest on your profile.
· The IELTS test is purposed to assess how far your English language abilities can match the native English language used in foreign countries, so make sure that your language, accent, and words match with native English language. Doing this can elevate your success probability in the test.
· Let’s discuss a very important strategy every test taker should apply, i.e. never keep your answer precise. The name of the module itself says you have to speak, so make sure that your answers are in at least two lines.
· Try to speak more than the examiner as this is the test to prove your speaking skills in English. Always be alert to the examiner while listening to his questions. Never try to question back examiner as it may leave a negative impact, all you need to do is you just have to answer the questions.
The following are speaking strategies that you can use in Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3, of the IELTS speaking exam.
Question: What kind of food do you like?
1. Divide into three parts:
Well, there are three kinds of food that I’m really keen on.
The one I like best is Italian food because….
I also really like to eat Korean food as it’s very….
I’m also kind of partial to Mexican food for the reason that it is……
2. General to specific (Give an example):
Well, I’d have to say that I’m a big fan of seafood. In particular, I really like to eat Japanese seafood because it’s always so fresh. For instance, sashimi is delicious because the raw fish is so flavoursome.
I think it depends really.
If I’m working I prefer to get something like fast food such as McDonalds because……
But, if I’m out with friends I would rather have something more exotic such as Thai food or Indian food.
Well, recently I’d have to say that I been enjoying eating steak and each time I feel like a steak I go to Outback Steak House, because the steaks there are huge. However, I think that it may not be all that healthy to eat so much red meat, as I’ve heard it can lead to high levels of cholesterol.
If you are looking for an overall preparation for your IELTS exam and you lack the time to be able to commit in regular courses in exam preparatory centers,then an online preparatory process will be the best fit for you. Among the various online services if you want one which will be standout, then the best choice for you will be IELTS.LIVE. IELTS.LIVE is such a website that will help you prepare for the main IELTS exam online. One of the best features of this website is that it provides services free of cost. The most lucrative thing about IELTS.LIVE is its completeness, all the modules of the IELTS exam are arranged here, the reading and the listening test are arranged according to the standards and you will be able to evaluate your level easily. There are paid writing and speaking services as well, which will let you know how to improve on the modules as you will be given detailed feedback.
IELTS Recent Test Topics AC with Answers (Volu...